Engines for Sale


-  
     Use the Contact Form for Comments

Friday, February 2, 2018

EDF Powered Klingberg Flying Wing Glider




Based on the Future Craft drawings show the safe center of gravity location at the 50 percent line of the root cord.







We elected to use our newly acquired Spektrum AR 8000 8 channel receiver and DX8 transmitter combination when setting up this model for flight. Well try as I did I couldn't get this combination move any of the servos. I eventually gave up and tried another receiver/transmitter combination to establish if the servos were fully functional and as it turned out there were no problems there. Armed with that piece of information we went back to the original combination and as before the servos would not move after a successful binding.The process was repeated multiple times, always with the same negative result. Now at a loss for ideas I turned to the Internet for some inspiration on finding a solution to the problem before I went back to my Ebay vendor for a refund or replacement receiver. On page 7 of Googles list of hits, I spotted a thread that looked encouraging; someone called Allen with the same problem was pleading for help on a forum. I could hard believe my eyes at the answer.

The answer: Allen, All the Spektrum receivers that I own are labelled - In different spots depending on what type. On the AR8000 you should see the label between AILE and ELEV... - + signal (so ground on top as you are looking at the label)... which is the same as the AR6110e but opposite of the AR7000; go figure. Hope that helps, Coby

I had thought of pin out order crossed my mind at one point but was rejected as being highly unlikely, since all of my other Spektrum receivers were the same as I was using here; from top to bottom signal, positive, negative. The RS 8000 is the exact opposite and indeed the pin out order is shown on the case between AILE and ELEV.

Setting up the Spektrum DX8 for the Klingberg Flying Wing:

Choose Wing Type - Elevon;
Choose Tail Type - Dual Rudders;
Insert Right Aileron servo connector into the Aileron receiver slott;
Insert Left Aileron servo connector into the Aileron receiver slott.




2 comments:

  1. Interesting, but you really don't need the vertical stabs in the middle, they are not doing anything for stability because they are too close to the NP.

    ReplyDelete